Instructions for oral presentations
- Abstract presenters have 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for the discussion.
- Acceptable formats for presentations are PowerPoint (.ppt) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- Presentations must be pre-loaded onto session computers between 8:00-9:00 am (before sessions start) on the presentation day.
- Oral session room will be equipped with a pc, and projector, a screen and microphone. The PCs used for the presentations are running Windows 10. Presenters are required to bring presentation in PowerPoint (16:9) or PDF on a USB stick.
- It is recommended that presenters check their presentations format during uploading onto session computers.
- Please note that there are often formatting inconsistencies between Mac and PC versions of Microsoft Office. Mac users who wish to use their personal laptop are recommended to arrive at the session room before the session starts and bring along a VGA converter to connect their MAC to the projector. The maximum resolution will be 1280 x 1024.
- With the exception of Mac users, presenters will not be permitted to use their personal laptop or notebook computers.
Instructions for poster presentations
- Maximum height of the poster: 120 cm. Maximum width of the poster: 90 cm. The board will be used VERTICALLY.
- Material for mounting will be available in the poster area.
- Posters must be mounted between 8:00-9:00 am on 9 May 2018 & can be removed after 5:30 pm on 10 May 2018.
- Presenters are expected to be available at their poster during the poster session for questions and discussion.
- Include the abstract number in the top right corner of your poster
- Presentation title, author(s) and all affiliations should be included on the poster
- It is very important that text and illustrations should be large enough to be read from a distance of 10-15 feet
- Presenters are also encouraged to bring A4 copies of their poster to allow delegates to retain a copy.